Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Portland Vs. Utah



I have decided to list a few reasons of why I like Portland and what I miss most about Utah.
-Portland is so pretty when it is sunny
-close to Andy, Rachy and the boys
-motocross tracks here are sweet
-downtown is really cool, right on the river
-a lot of outdoor activities to do
Utah
- Jen, Trav and the kids
-Friends that I made there
-snowboard scene
-going to the motocross track with Trav, Aaron and Kelly
-my ward and all the members
-the people I home taught

So those were just a few thought I had that I wanted to share.
I recently bought a Garmin GPS System. I just barley got it in the mail yesterday and got to play with it a little today driving around. I feel like I am getting the hang of things as far as not getting too last around the city. But I am glad I got it, just one less thing I have to worry about.

Andy and I got some stuff from Burton off their Pro-form and we got it all yesterday, when we got home there were 4 boxes just waiting for us. I am pretty excited for the season. I got a bag, UnInc snowboard, pants, Hoodie and a T-shirt. Here is a photo of some of the goodies.

I also am pretty sure I have found an apt. I got hooked up with another lds kid that is looking for a place, his name is Nick. Probably not the first cat I would chose to go hang with but he seems nice and clean enough. "Ben, I really commit to keeping that commons area clean on my part" Which by him saying Commons Area I guess he means the living room???? I think he has told me this statement about 6 times now. But at any rate the Apt is about 5 mins S of where Andy is so that should be good.

We also went to Multnomah (?) falls over the weekend and to some lookout point over the river. Pretty Cool.

I am also trying to set up a Lake Tahoe boarding trip for this season. Probably some time in Late Jan. Paul and I went last year and had a great time. Hopefully it will work out OK. Southwest has great deals right now so I will probably fly in and meet whoever ends up going in Reno. Can't wait.





Lastly I bought a Laser pointer for work purposes and was playing with it when I got it out of the packaging and decided to show it to the boys. I know it;s a little mean but Tayson was trying really hard to get it. The other two were more on the casual side but Tayson really put forth a good effort to try and get it. Watch the video.




Part of my setup for this year.


08 Ak 3L Sqwawk Softshell Jacket, Ronin 2L pant, 32 Lashed, Oakley Crowbar Limited, Burton idiom Gloves, Sickies. Waterfall hike (more like a walk)Look out point over the river.



Rachy, Tayson and I, he doesn't look too interested int he photo. And me trying to do my best Thug impression. Travee will appreciate that one.







Funny Video of Tayson.





2 comments:

MEK said...

Great action of Tayson, but yes a little mean in moving the laser. Grandpa Bubee.

Monica said...

Hmmm, I hope your new roommate doesn't turn out to be as "interesting" as mine. Ha! Nah, but seriously, that's great that you found an apartment.