Saturday, October 27, 2007

It's the Weekend!!!

I was really looking forward to this Saturday, work on Thursday and Friday were pretty hectic so I was looking forward to some rest and relaxation. Friday night I went out on the town with my new "season pass friend". We went to get some grub at the California pizza kitchen just south of Lake Oswego, and then hit up a movie. We had some time to kill between dinner and the movie so we walked around the shopping center. (It reminded me of the gateway, outdoors with nice shops) We hit up Urban Outfitters, I had never been in that store before. I had heard about it but never gone in. I really liked the stuff they have. Cool/different t-shirts, hoodies, track jackets, etc. After we went and saw Dan In Real Life with Steve Carell, the guy from The Office. http://www.fandango.com/videos/v335738




The movie was really good, I would for sure recommend it to anyone who wants to see a good movie.




Saturday I was planning on heading back to the outdoor track in Sandy called Mtn View. But this morning I decided to look on the Washougal Motocross Track web site, http://www.washougalmxpk.com/ they ended up being open today for their last practice of the year. So I figured what the heck I have heard so much about the track and gone their to see Ricky and Bubba battle it out, but had never been there to ride it myself. I figured it would be fun to ride the same track I saw the Pros ride on.



I went and had a great time. It was pretty crowded and they had 6 different practice classes. I stayed for 3 different practice sessions and had a pretty darn good time, although the track didn't really have any good size jumps, the track was the roughest track I have EVER RIDDEN, and the face of the one decent sized jump was rutted to the point that your pegs drug up the face of the jump. I only tried it once and that was enough for me. But I did have a good time, the dirt was awesome, had track flaggers for safety, and the place was ran very efficinetly . I think I will stick woth Mtv View in the future I had a really good time there a few weeks ago. But I am really glad I went and got to experience Washougal. Following are a few photos.






Tonight we went to a ward party for Andy's ward at a members house, we had food, mingled and played bingo. And yes I won a $5 card to Coldstone! Anyone up for an ice cream date? It was good to meet a few other memebers around the area.















No comments: