Tuesday, April 26, 2011

New Callings

Well I have told this story to most, but I want to post it to remember it and also for those who don't know yet. So here it is....

Last Tuesday was just a normal day. I was at work and got off at nine. I got home and Ben said he had called me a couple times. I asked him why and he said our Bishop had come over earlier to meet with us and asked if they could come back when I got home. So he was calling to let me know. I was kind of confused to why they wanted to come over. I thought since a new Bishopric had just been called that they wanted to just come to meet us. And I have always gone to the church to get a new calling. I didn't know they went into homes to do that. So I didn't think much of it. They said they would come at 9:45. Ten came around and I didn't think they would come over anymore. A few minutes later the Bishop called to see if it was ok to still come over. They asked how we were doing and if we enjoyed the ward. Then he said "Well it is getting late so I will get to the point". He released us from our callings as Primary CTR 6 teachers. We love our class and I was pretty sad to hear we were being released. He first gave Ben his new calling. He is now a ward missionary. He will be great at it. Then he was about to give me mine when he asked us if we had been to Stake Conference that Sunday. Ben and I looked at each other and laughed a little and said no and told him we had gone to hear his Sister talk. So the Bishop told us that they called our Primary President to be the Stake Primary President. So I was thinking oh I will probably be a counselor in the presidency. Then he said we would like to call you to be the new Primary President. I was shocked for a minute. I love working with kids so I gladly accepted. I know how hard the calling is and how much work goes into it. So I just kept thinking am I capable of doing this? After they had left so many things were running through my head. Of course the first thing Ben says to me is "Oh President Trujillo". We read scriptures then I tried to go to bed. I couldn't because so many things were going through my head. So I went and watched TV. I finally went in to bed around 2 and still couldn't fall asleep. When I did fall asleep I had a dream about it. Since we have been in Primary most of the time in the ward, I don't know a lot of people. The Bishop gave me some suggestions for my counselors that night and told me he would call me on Thursday night. For those two days I did not stop thinking about it. I was able to go to the Temple on Thursday and I am so glad that I went. Later that night he called me and we decided on my counselors. I don't know them very well, but I have seen them and I can tell they are great from what I have seen from them. I'm excited to work with them and get to know them better. I am thankful for this new calling and I know I will learn a lot from it and I look forward to be around the kids more. They have such sweet spirits. I have always loved serving in the Primary. And I have had a very good feeling about this calling since I got it. It brings a smile to my face knowing that I am trusted to lead these children. I love the children I have been able to teach and look forward to working with all of them again and getting to know the other ones as well. I am thankful to my ward for sustaining me. It meant a lot. My first counselor emailed me when she found out and told me she gladly accepted and that meant a lot to me. I know I have great counselors. I did sharing time and enjoyed it. I was pretty nervous and being Easter I didn't have all the help I could have which is completely understandable. It was a challenge and I am thankful for it. After church our last Bishop's daughter came up to me and asked how long I was going to be in Primary. I told her I wasn't sure. She then told me that if anyone ever laughs at me to just ignore it. She said that she always wants to yell at them telling them that it is rude and that we are new and are getting use to things. She was sweet. She is around ten years old. I thanked her for understanding. I am also thankful to some of the ward members who came and congratulated me and told me I would be great. Our Relief Society President came in, our recent Primary President gave me a hug and said I would be great and was excited for me. Her husband told me that he taught his class and asked them how they would feel to be called to be Primary President on Easter Sunday? He said he knew he wouldn't be able to do it. That made me laugh. Also I am thankful for our Bishop. He is a great guy and has given me a lot of support letting me know that I will do great. I am so thankful for this calling and know I will enjoy it!

9 comments:

Krista and Aaron said...

How fun! You will be great. I am in the primary presidency now so give me a call and we can exchange ideas!

mr & mrs O. said...

how exciting! you will do such a great job!

Amy said...

I have thought about you a lot since you shared the news. You will be wonderful simply because of your positive attitude! You are awesome and we sure are praying for you!

Jen-ben said...

You are going to do sooooo soooo great!!!! :)

thebartonblog said...

That is awesome!! You really will do great!

Abby Fowers said...

That is really exciting. They just called me to be a counselor in the Primary and I was shocked as well. It is nerve racking, but I believe that President Eyring gave a talk in conference not too long ago about how "Primary" is the place to be! Congrats to you. I'm sure you will be wonderful!

K-Cos said...

I love your positive attitude about this! It's inspiring! You'll be awesome and those kids are all going to adore you if they don't already!

Unknown said...

You are going to be totally awesome! Just remember delegate, delegate, delegate and it will make your calling a whole lot easier... good websites are sugardoodle.net and theideadoor.com I am really excited for you!

KM said...

congrats brit! You will do a great job! You are the sweetest person and those kids are lucky to have you! Miss you friend!