Sunday, April 10, 2011

April so far...

April has been a good month so far. The only thing that could make it better is the weather :( I feel like we have gotten more snow this month than we did in January. I'm just hoping it doesn't last. I'm ready for some warm sunny days!

Well we started the month with Ben's mission reunion. His mission president is from Columbia. He is in the quorum of the seventy so he has been able to come to Salt Lake which makes it a great opportunity to have a mission reunion. This was the second time for me to go to his reunion. Everyone was speaking Spanish. I could pick out a few things, but I don't know much. Ben's mission president told Ben that he needed to translate for me. It is great to be able to meet the people Ben served with and his President and Family. His President is a great guy and I am so glad I have been able to meet him. The reunion was at one of the Elder's homes. They had Mexican food of course. The meat was delicious. Then we sat around and went around having everyone say what is going on in their life. Then the President talked for awhile. It was a great night and even though I didn't know what anyone was saying I enjoyed it. I look forward to the next reunion.

Here we are with his president, his wife, and one of his daughters.
Here is a picture of The president and family and his missionaries.
That weekend was General Conference weekend. Saturday was not a very busy day up at the Spa so I was able to watch/listen to all but one talk. I was thankful for that. I enjoyed every talk. One of my favorites was Henry B. Eyring's it was on Service. He mentioned the primary song: "Have I Done Any Good In The World Today" I love that song and think of it often. He spoke on how the Lord provides ways for us to help. We always have sympathy for those in need of help and we need to turn it into an act of service. Take the opportunity whenever and wherever it happens. I loved that and just wanted to re-share it :) That night during priesthood I went with my in-laws to Thanksgiving Point for a girl's night. We first did some shopping then ate at their cafe. Their food is delicious. Then we stopped at Ikea for some cinnamon rolls. It was a fun night! Thanks for inviting me! Sunday was great as well. We were able to go watch at Ben's sister's house. It was a great day. And I would re-share it all! I'm grateful for those who spoke and know they were all prompted to speak on what we needed to hear.

After conference we went over to my parent's for dinner. Dinner as always was delicious. We teased this little girl for awhile. She is a cutie. Like her brother at the same age would make this squished face when the orange light on the camera would go on. I didn't get a good one of it, but she is adorable and I love her.Well my mom is going to be in New York with my sister and her family for Easter so we are having Easter Sunday at my parent's tonight. So last week my nephew was playing with toys and some of the toys my mom has is play food and in there is some plastic eggs. In the easter eggs is cash instead of money. My mom told my brother that Jack gets a head start. So he decided he needed to train him on how to get the eggs fast. I got some good videos of it. They are below and we will see if his training worked. I will post soon about our Easter at the Grossen's.




1 comment:

Melanie Herway said...

I love ikea cinnamon rolls. I'm impressed that Ben still gets reunions. I loved going to Jakes. Thankfully they spoke in English.