Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter!

Well Easter has come and gone and it was great. We first celebrated Easter a couple weeks ago with my family. We first had dinner. My mom made a whole turkey and ham there was a lot of food! And of course it was delicious!
Well my last post I tried to upload a video of my nephew Jack being trained to pick up the eggs, but it didn't work :( . Jack was pretty excited and he did go for an egg at first, but realized it was money not candy and he saw all the other candy laying around. So he went for that. Maybe next year Dan :)
Well there was snow on the ground so we had to do it indoors. My mom hid the eggs on the main level and the upstairs. Us kids always get pretty into it knowing there is always money in the eggs. So I imagine we are pretty funny to watch. We like to push each other around and my brother always seems to push me into a door when we do it indoors. It is pretty hilarious. We had a blast! We all thought we were done until we looked through our eggs, but my mom said we still hadn't found the golden egg so we all went charging. Ethan was the lucky one! Go E! She also hid the movie Tangled for each family to have. I love our tradition. Ben was pretty mean this year he would find an egg then take the money out and hide the egg again. We then frosted sugar cookies of course and had dessert. I wasn't able to get pictures, but it was a great night thanks mom!

Not this past Sunday, but the Sunday before, Ben's sister Jen gave a talk in their Sacrament Meeting. We were having Stake Conference so we decided to just go to hear her speak instead. She did a great job. After church we went up to the Dyer's. I played some basketball with my nephews and Ben. We played lightning. It had been a long time since I played that. It was a lot of fun. We had dinner with the family then my dad came over to make sugar Easter eggs. That was my Grandma Grossen's tradition and it had been a long time since I had done one and I'm glad we were able to. It brought back a lot of memories of her. The kids had fun decorating their eggs. And we really enjoyed it.

Here is mine and Ben's egg.

Thanks Dad for putting it all together and doing it with us! Love you!

On Saturday we got together with our friends Jess and Josh. We decided to dye Easter Eggs. It had been awhile since I had done that. It is fun to do traditions you haven't done for awhile. We had fun and we all got pretty creative. Thanks Josh and Jess for having us over!
Here are some pictures of the night.







Easter Sunday we went up to Layton to celebrate with Ben's family. When we got there the kids had to do their egg hunt. They are pretty fun to watch. And it turned out to be great weather when it was suppose to be a stormy day. We were thankful for that. After they found their eggs we had dinner. We had ham, potatoes, veggies, and a delicious bread bunny. Then the kids went out and hid our eggs. They were pretty excited to do that. They did pretty well. They also have a golden egg in the Easter Egg Hunt and it was the last one to find as well. We had to play hot and cold for it. It ended up being in the cable box. I lifted it up and saw it in there and did not want to put my hand down there. Trav went for it. I love Easter and all it's traditions, but I'm thankful to know the reason we do celebrate. I'm thankful for Christ's crucifixion and I know he was resurrected and know that we will be resurrected as well. I love having Easter and Christmas to focus more on Christ. Then we played some Minute to Win it games. I don't think I could ever be on that show. Both times that we have played those games I didn't do very well, but I had a blast. It is fun to watch everyone else do it as well. We also did a relay carrying an egg in our spoons. That was fun. It was a great day. Thanks for such a great day!

1 comment:

Amy said...

So fun. I love Easter too. Your sugar egg looks amazing. You should be a cake decorator!