Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Our Anniversary, Jack's Birthday, and Stacy's Soccer Game

Well September 18th was our one year anniversary. I still can't believe we have been married that long! It sure went fast. We decided to do a little getaway up in Park City. We first headed to the outlets. We mainly just walked around and Ben exchanged a jacket. Then we headed to our hotel. We stayed at the Park City Marriott. It was a nice place. We relaxed for awhile. Then decided to head to the Olympic Park. I had never been there. We sat for awhile and watched some people go off the ski jump into the pool. It was pretty cool to watch. I don't know how they swim with their skis on!




Then we decided to go on the zip line. It was pretty fun. I'm not the biggest fan of heights so I was a little nervous, but I enjoyed it. It goes by quickly. Next time I think I would rather go on the Alpine Slide there.


After we went up to Main Street and walked around for awhile.
Then we went to dinner. Of course we brought our Happenings book and found a restaurant on Main Street. It was Taste Of Saigon. A Vietnamese place. It was really good and I really enjoyed it. The next day we got some breakfast and walked around main street again. There was a little street fair with food and other little booths. It was fun to walk around and see what each little booth had. It was a great little getaway and we had a lot of fun. I love being married to Ben and look forward to the years that come!

September 29th was my nephew Jack's second Birthday! I can't believe he is already two. My parent's got him this truck. My mom and I put it together the night before. What a project! It took us two hours to put it together. I don't know if I will ever want to put one together again. Next time I will leave it to the men. I was glad though to be able to help my mom and to see how much Jack loved it. He is so cute.


Amy made these cute Monkey Cupcakes. She is great at making Jack's Birthday cakes! Jack loves monkeys and all other animals. He is pro at making animal noises and I love hearing him do it.

Here is cute sister Sophie at her brother's birthday. She is so cute! Love her!



Jack sure loved his cupcake and ice cream!

Thanks for letting us celebrate your Birthday with you! We love you!


On October 9th we decided to go see my cousin Stacy's soccer game at BYU. It was after the football game and we decided to get something to eat down there and luckily we beat the football crowd. Then we headed to the soccer field. Stacy is great at soccer. I loved watching her. Hopefully next year we can make it to some more games! They played Air Force and won 2-1. It was a great game and we had a lot of fun! Love ya Stacy!





Well next week we will be going to California to go to Disneyland and the Beach! I'm so excited and so ready for a vacation! And I'm sure I will post everything about it!

Also here are some videos of some people going off the ski jump into the pool:

3 comments:

Fife Family Forever said...

come visit me!!! I'm in cali.....

Amy said...

You guys are great! I'm glad you had a fun anniversary getaway. I'm jealous about your Cali trip. Maybe next year we can go again! Thanks again for coming to the birthday party.

Melanie Herway said...

You're wearing a coat at the soccer game...I bet you're ready for the beach. I'm definitely jealous!!! I could really use a vacation right now.