Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Halloween Festivities

I love Halloween and all the fun things you can do. On the 16th we had our ward Halloween Carnival/Chili cook off. I signed up to bring some chili. I made some that was pretty simple in my crock pot. A couple days before they asked if we would be willing to be in charge of a booth. So when we got there the Primary President found us pretty fast and put us at the Fishing Pond booth. So I am sad to say I didn't even get to try my chili, but I had a lot of fun at our booth. It was fun to see everyone in their costumes, especially our primary kids. We love our class and I am sad we won't have them for much longer. Ben and I also dressed up. Ben was a soccer player and I had a black cape so I kind of dressed as a witch. I really like our ward and had a fun time being able to celebrate with them. Also that night was when we went to This Is The Place park which we already posted about. That was a lot of fun.

Last night we celebrated with Ben's Family. We went up to Layton after work and played some Bingo for some Halloween Goodies. Then we had some yummy soup and other delicious food. Then we picked our pumpkins and carved them. Ben had a hard time deciding what to do, and wasn't too satisfied with his end result. I like it though.
Here he is doing his usual gangster pose with his pumpkin.

Here I am with my little green pumpkin. I tried to do a pirate, but it was pretty hard on a smaller pumpkin. After I was done I thought of a good idea to do the next time I carve a green pumpkin. I am going to do a teenage mutant ninja turtle.

Here are everyone's carved pumpkins. I think they all turned out great!

Here they are all lit up.

We had a lot of fun! Thanks for such a great night!

Also on the 17th we celebrated with some of my family. We had some yummy chopped pizza.
Here is Jack with pizza sauce all over him! Love him!

Here he is with sauce and jell-o all over him after he was done eating.

After dinner we frosted Halloween cookies and played some Monopoly. We had lots of fun! Thanks! Also this week we are having a Halloween Party at our house. I'm excited to carve pumpkins again and celebrate with them!

Here is a video of Jack that I have to share.


1 comment:

Amy said...

Love the pictures of Jack. They are gross and priceless. Now we need to see some pics of your California trip.