Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Summa

Once again it's been a while since we have updated and once again I will let pictures do most of the talking. Its been a very busy past month as Brit and I gone to Seven Peaks, Lagoon, California for 6 days and some other randoms. In Cali we stayed with Brits Uncle Mike (In LaDera Ranch) and had a great time. We even played about 60 games of tennis and it was fun getting back into that sport. Thanks Mike and Tiffany!

These aren't in chronological order so here goes.

We are finishing our basement but we had this hideous light fixture in our entry way so we decided to replace it yesterday.


1970's Bunky


2000's Cool


Brit's b-day was August 13th and we decided to do som....Just kidding sweetie, August 11th and she had been wanting a Book Case for a while so I bought and stayed up late to put it together. It came pretty well if I do say so myself. Just call me Tim tool time from now on.




Lagoon, This ride is so lame, it's so outdated and NOT scary. (Although I am really looking forward to going back to this is the state park haunted village)






So. Cal!

Brit and I flew out on a Tuesday night. Brit saw this doughnut shop and wanted to take a picture. She said it was in some movie. Can you guess which one?




We went to Disneyland on Thursday which was a good day to go because the crowds weren't horrible. Although the temps were hot for Cali we had a great time.







Last year when we went to Cali we went to Knotts Berry Farm. Not to ride the rides but to eat at their restaurant and partake of their Delicious Chicken Dinner. We decided to go back and I am glad we did. The meal is great and I love their Boysenberry Punch and Pie. (I believe Knotts Berry Farm invented the Boysenberry)




We went to a beach close to Brit's Uncle house (where we stayed). I had never been to that beach but it was very nice and clean.

I am sure Brit will kill me for putting up this picture but I like it.




We also went boating on lake Elsinore with Uncle Mike. Brit doesn't get in the water too often so she got up on the wakeboard and I had to take a picture.





Salt Creek Beach in Dana Point.

We decided to go on a little walk on the beach and watch the sunset.



Saturday we cruised down to San Diego. We went straight to temple to do a session. We didn't make in into the session we wanted because there were too many people and we didn't get a seat so we opted to do sealings. It's a beautiful Temple both inside and out.



Right after the Temple we went to the San Diego Zoo. I thought it would be fun to go and I have always heard it is the Zoo of Zoo's in the U.S.




Polar Bear











Kung Foo Panda
















These Tortoises were huge! They were like 100 years old.








Giraffe's are cool. they had a time were you could go back and feed them a few biscuits. We went back but the had already sold out of them, darn.

















Uncle Mike recommended we go to a Ice cream Sandwich shop right by UCLA. We went by and I am glad we did, they make home made cookies and you pic the ice cream. The best part was it was only $1.50! Music to my ears.

Diddy Riese






Yum.
White Chocolate chip cookies with Strawberry Ice cream.



We also went to Hollywood. We walked around the famous walk of stars street and can you believe it we also saw Lady Gaga, Batman, and Samuel L Jackson! But come to find they were just Star Look A likes on the street posing for pictures and stuff :(


The Kodak Theatre where they have plays, awards shows and were currently holding a Cirque De Soliel performance.






You can kind of see the Hollywood Sign in the background.






We had a Trujillo Family Reunion at the Dyers. I remember having the pretty often growing up but hadn't had them in recent years. We put it together pretty quick but it was great to see that side of the family!







We volunteered with Richard up at Snowbird for the last stage of the Tour of Utah. It was pretty fun awesome to see those amazing athletes. The Tour De France winner Cadel Evans was even on hand to take in the sights.











Disneyland Parade, I love Marching bands as well as College bands at football games.












Zoo







3 comments:

Fife Family Forever said...

okay you two, next time you come to CALI let me know. I would love to see you guys. Also, this isn't the coolest fact, but I grew up in the Canyon Lake/Lake Elsinore area until High School. I know, lame fact. But seriously, next time you better call me.

Melanie Herway said...

Ah California! It's been too long. Looks like you guys made the most out of that vacation! Love it all!

Amy said...

This was a great post! My favorite part is when you said Brit's bday was on the 13th...it sounded just like you. I love California!