Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Summer Evening Lightning Storm Photographs

The last few nights there have been off and on lightning/thunder storms around the Salt lake Valley. Tonight was no different so I grabbed my DSLR, set the mode to "S" which I believe means Shutter priority, adjusted the time for the shutter to stay open to about 1 sec and jumped on the roof. It took a long time to snap even one photo but here is what I got after about 30 mins on the roof and minutes on end of waiting patiently with my finger on the trigger.








5 comments:

Melanie Herway said...

You got some GREAT ones!! 30 minutes, definitely worth it.

Anonymous said...

Nice

Anonymous said...

Great pics, but on the roof during lightning storm? HELLO, not the thing to do. Mark.

Amy said...

I'm really impressed with this pics. I thought it was near impossible to get pictures of lightning. I admire your bravery also...cause I would be no where near outside if lightning was anywhere in my vicinity.

Anonymous said...

Amiable post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.