Sunday, May 31, 2009

Disney Cruise 2009 son!

So as usual I am just going to let my photos do all the talking. I went on a Disney Cruise this last week with Brit and her family. We flew into Orlando Florida last friday after work and got back this morning (sunday). I had such a good time and it was probably the best vacation I probably have ever taken. I usually just do Moto or Snowboard type trips so it was nice to go on my first cruise and go somewhere tropical with nice beaches. Sat. the day before we came home we had the change to go to Disney world too. It's amazing how big of an empire Disney is with the various parks! It took me about an hour just to upload the photos and videos so unfortunately the pics are out of order, it would take me too long to sort them chronologically, so hope you enjoy the pics as I had a great time. One thing I realized is how big Disney was in my life as a child. I remember watching so many of their movies, Aladdin, Little Mermaind, Beauty and the Beast, and all the cartoons like Tail Spin. Big thanks to Brits parents and family for having me along. Hopefully they didn't get too sick of me and my lame jokes and antics.



Epcot at Disney world


Animal Kingdom and the Everest Ride



We were able to hit up 3 different Islands, this one is owned by Disney, called Castaway Cay

On a bike ride throughout the Island


Castaway Cay from the ship, they have one of the ship they used in Pirates of the Caribbean Movie.





Semi-casual night

They had various activities to do during the days we were at sea. Kit decorating, mine was Jazz and RSL inspired. I took it with my to castaway Cay and tried to fly it but unfortunately it couldn't stand up to the winds of the incoming storm and the string broke and was a victim to the island.

Mickey


Chip or Dale? I cant remember which one had the red nose.



So I had planned to propose to Brit sometime on the cruise, in a nut shell... we went snorkeling on St. Tomas. While in the water looking around at tropical fish, I pulled the ring out of my pocket and showed it to her under the water, shes wallowed some water and then said yes and that was it!


We stopped on Tortola also, but took a boat to a neighboring island called The Virgin Gorda. They had some sweet beaches and caves. Here we are at "The Baths"




Our servers throughout the week, Simon from The Phillipines, and Maria from Argentina. They were great and had a good time spiting my spanish to Maria.



We got to go to a behind the scenes making of Disney's Pixar new movie "Up" from one of the creators, later on in the week we got to wee it in 3D, I thought it was pretty good, not quiet as good as Cars or Toy Story, but still good. And Andy's boys will be happy to know they are making a Cars 2 as well as Toy Story 3.


I love to eat and the Food on the cruise was off the Hook! Sooooo much food all the time and such good quality, the food was one of my most fav. things of the cruise.



Almost every night the would have a movie or a really good on stage theatre show, here are all the characters on stage.


This was my fav. desert of the trip, Choc. Lava cake. I had one, asked for another and Simon brought me 2 more! My mom would have loved it.



Chicken Parm, Lobster tail, and Tuna.




They gave us a Cake for the engagement.




Duck, it tasted like chicken.....



On St. Thomas we went snorkeling on Coki Beach, this guy made a smoothie for us, but I wanted to snap a photo showing this is the type of guy I think of when I think of the carribean.




More awesome deserts, I love fruit so I liked the one on the left.



They had a pirate inspired dinner one night.




Yum.




Fillet Mignon over mashed tatoes served with scallops.



Choc. Cheese Cake



Swordfish, it was pretty good.



I like cooked asparagus with butter



Formal Night





Since the NBA playoffs were going, they showed it on the big screen just about every night, now this is the way to watch a BBall game, a huge screen and all you can eat pizza and ice cream.





Just getting on the ship. Aye Aye Mate





The first and last night we stayed at on of Disneys resort hotels, this one is called the Pop Century.





My good buddy Paul Dimond lives in Florida about 3 hrs away from Orlando, we had planned to hook up while I was there, so it was good to see them. He and his wife have an adorable family. Good seeing ya Pauly! Say Hi to Ells, Park Dog, and Olivia.




One of the rides we went on at Hollywood studios. It was fun.





I got a pretty good burn a few days in.





A storm rolling in while we were on Castaway Cay, it rained pretty good while on our bike ride, but it was kind of fun riding in the tropical rain fall.





St. Thomas












My ancient mayan sand castle, that ones for you Travee.





This ones for you marko





Kiddie Pool




The ship was huge




Yet another awesome desert




We went to a plate and Cake decorating Demo






All you can eat soft serve, yeah playa!





A few videos


9 comments:

Trujillo family said...

Not bad bennie! I know were jealous of the cruise! congrats on the engagement too! I know the boys will love a new aunty in the family

Unknown said...

Congrats on the engagement Ben! Thats awesome!

I loved all the pictures! I'm so jealous.

Monica said...

Looks like a fantastic trip. Congratulations on the engagement! Very exciting!

Loved all the pics of the food. Haha!

Krista and Aaron said...

Looks like a blast! Congratulations on the engagement too!

Ryan and Hetz said...

Weren't you freaked out that you were going to drop it in the water! We've gotta double sometime soon! Yeah!

The Stucki's said...

Congrats!! That is so exciting!

Melanie Herway said...

Love the post! Great pictures. I'm glad you took some of the food. I should have done that. We definitely didn't get sick of you. You were a great addition. We're excited to keep you now too.

Hillary Vaughan said...

Hi Ben! I found your Blog and thought I'd say Hi. Congrats on your engagement! What a fun way to ask--under water! Hope all is well! Ill have to tell Meg and Ashley! Take care and keep in touch

CLUFF FAMILY said...

We are so excited for you guys! When is the big day? Cant remember if you told us. What a great time! Next time we want an invite!