Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Running and Turkey, a great mix!

I had a great time this past Thanksgiving weekend. Thursday morning my roommate Reeder and I got up early and went to the Draper factory outlet stores for the annual Human Run/Walk 5K. Reeder set a blistering pace as I thought I was in for a tough 25 mins or so. But I kept up OK (even in Reeders bunky lawn mowing shoes) and we finished it out in just over 20 mins. It was fun and would again in a heart beat. Clink HERE for a link to the web site to see our results. He and I finished 50th and 51st respectively overall. And I think 7th in my age group. Ain't bad for 1700 entrants.

After that I home briefly and headed out to the local Middle School for some Canyon Springs Singles Ward Turkey Bowl Football. But to no avail a whopping 4 people from our ward showed up, and one was a sister! I was kinda bummed that just of few of us showed up from the Ward but we did end up playing with a few others guys. It was fun and good to throw the pig skin around gain.

Later in the day I went up to the Parents in Layton for a little Turkey, as usual. It was good to be with family and eat all the great traditional foods you have during Thanksgiving. We each shared some thoughts about each person around the table and why we were thankful for them, that was nice. Amy and I then went to Aunts house in Ogden. I always enjoy going there as we don't really see my dads side of the family that often.

UNTIL NEXT TIME....

1 comment:

Monica said...

A 5K in just over 20min...not too shabby. And Ben, I think you need to get yourself your own pair of running shoes...put it on your Christmas list. I recommend Asics. :)