Thursday, May 30, 2013

St. George and Zion NP

This past weekend we went to St George and Zion NP. It was mainly for a Family Reunion on Brit's dads side of the family. We left around noon on Friday. Drove down with a few stops on the way. We carpooled with Richard. Avery did a pretty good job and only fussed a few times. She was a trooper. We went to Zion on the way down for a quick hike to "Wheeping Rock" It is beautiful there and can't believe Utah has such diversity all within a few hours. We then went to St George and arrived at the hotel. Sat we the reunion kicked off at a family owned Farm called Staheli Farm. They had a lot fo cool stuff there for families and kids: cows, chickens, bunnies, turkies, a bounce pillow, swing, a field, tractors, etc. I can't wait until Avery is a little older and can know a little more what is going on although she kinda has the idea now. We played kick ball, had a best golf chip contest (Which I believe i won!) and ate lunch. It was a great time and loved it. (It reminded me of my Aunt Jan's farm up in Morgan we used to go to as a kid. We would go play around in their indoor stable, watch my grandpa blast pigeons in the barn and just hang out when I was a kid.)  We also went swimming in the pool, had a dinner for the Reunion, had a pancake breakfast at Brits great grandmas house, watched a slide show or old photos and videos and stopped at Zion on the way home to do a fun hike called "Temple of Sinawava". All in all it was a great time and was envious that they made this happen as I would love to see my extended family during reunions.
We tuckered Avery out but she did a pretty good job overall. I can't wait to go do more family trips like this with Brit and Avery.
For a more full review of things check out Brooke and Ethans blog HERE.










































2 comments:

The Bawden's said...

You got some great photos at Zion! From your GoPro? What a fun trip we had. Can't wait for many more adventures.

Melanie Herway said...

I hope it all happens again so that I can have another chance to come :) I love Brittany's pose! Glad you had such a great time.