Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Latest Happenings...

It has been awhile since I (Brittany) have updated our blog and Ben has been wanting me to do so. So here I am. We don't have much pictures to post so I thought I would just write about our latest happenings. Last month we had a ping pong party with friends at our house. It was fun to have friends over at our house. The boys were pretty serious about ping pong and the girls didn't even play and poor little Gavin wanted to play so bad, but luckily with my Disney movie collection we distracted him with Jungle Book. It was fun to catch up with friends that we hadn't seen for awhile. Next time we have a ping pong party I will have to take some pictures and some videos. I use to be so good at taking pictures of everything and now I am horrible.

After only gone to our new ward twice we already got asked to give a talk. So three weeks later we talked in our ward. I talked on Home: A Refuge and A Sanctuary. Ben talked on Draw Near Unto Christ. It was nice to not have the same topic so we didn't have to worry about saying the same thing. I think it went pretty well. I have a hard time talking in front of a lot of people and usually talk really fast, but I think I did pretty well on talking slower. Ben did a great job. And I loved hearing his talk. We also had Ben's Mom, Mark, and Amy come listen. It was nice to have their support there. We really appreciate them.
Well Ben said within two weeks we would get a new calling. He was right, two weeks later (which was this past Sunday) we got a new calling. They came and pulled us out of Sunday School. They said they didn't want to separate us. So we are the new CTR 6 Primary teachers. We then met the Primary President and sat with our new class. They are cute kids and I am excited for this calling. I have always loved teaching Primary.

The end of May Ben's Aunt Erma (his dad's sister) passed away after having a stroke. We went and visited her at the hospital before she passed. I had only met her a couple of times, but she was a wonderful lady from what I saw. She loved her family. She seemed to be the one to get every one together for the Holidays. She will be missed by many. Ben and I were only able to make it to her viewing and rosary. I have really only been to a funeral that has been held at an LDS chapel so it was interesting to see how another religion does things. I had no idea what they did in a Rosary. Then one of her grand-daughters gave a little tribute. She did a great job. Click Here to see her Obituary.

On Memorial Day we were going to go camping so I had taken the day off. We ended up not going so we decided to do some yard work. We first painted our picnic table that was left in the backyard.
A couple weeks ago Ben's Grandpa gave us some rocks to put in as stepping stones. On the right side of the house we don't get much sun. We didn't want to put grass in so we wanted to do stepping stones. It was a lot of work putting them in. Luckily my dad had come to help with yard work and helped finish putting them in. I think it looks great. Thanks Dad for helping!


We also decided to have a BBQ at our house. It was kind of last minute thing and we were glad that we were able to get some family and some friends to come. Ben's mom is great at putting things together. She brought a volleyball net and some other games. She also brought a fun tablecloth for the picnic table. All day it was cloudy and luckily the sun came out for the BBQ and we sat under our apple tree. The food was delicious and we had a lot of fun. We played volleyball, it was boys against girls. The girls didn't do very well, but we had a blast! And the final score was pretty close, but the boys did win. Shaffer also brought his new remote control car and Ben built a jump where our garden will be. They had a blast with that. It was a fun night and hope we have more barbecues this summer. Thanks everyone for coming! We love you and are thankful for you all.

We also went to Kylee and Brickelle's Dance recital which makes me miss dancing and performing. Ben wants me to get back in it, but I don't know if I have the flexibility to do it anymore. We went to Mulligan's with Travee and Claudia and hit a bucket of balls and did the batting cages as well. Claudia and I did softballs and the boys did baseballs. I was pretty sore the next day and it was pretty hard to do some pedicures at work. For some reason my palm was extremely sore! We also had a little astrology lesson with my dad. We tried using Brickelle's telescope, but we needed a battery so we just used my dad's laser pointer. Cole was more interested in that then the stars. I love summer nights and look forward to looking through the telescope some more. We have had some fun times and can't wait to do more stuff outside with Summer finally here! I love warm weather!

Well a week from tomorrow we will be going up to Portland to visit Ben's Brother Andy, Rachel, and the boys. We are excited to go up there and hang out with them and meet the new addition Parker. Can't wait to see you all!


1 comment:

Melanie Herway said...

Flexibility can always come back. Your yard is looking awesome, I'm proud of you guys. Have a great time in Portland. I want to live there someday :)