Saturday, December 5, 2009

Where did November go?

Friday afternoon was the funeral of Brian Buttars, a great friend that had passed away recently. I went with some of my friends and really enjoyed the service. His brother Jordan shared an excellent poem that was very touching no doubt to all in attendance. Brian was a stud.





On a lighter note (and I NEVER thought this sentence would ever come out of my mouth) I went skiing today at Deer Valley..... Brit's dad Richard volunteers there a few days every ski season so he gets hooked up with a hand full of passes, so we went up. I wasn't expecting too much due to the low amount of snow we have received so far. I think I got the hang of turning after a few runs had a pretty good time.

Richard and I at Deer Valley, it was cold towards the end of the day hence the face mask.




Deer Valley hooked us up with a pin, they have been the #1 Ski Resort in North America for 3 years in a row.


The Deer Valley Lodge has the best bowl of chilli I have ever tasted, Turkey chilli. Mmmmm Good.




Dec. 8th is the 25th anniversary of my mom and mark, we celebrated sat. night at Jen and Trav's as well as watched the Huskers loose a close one to Texas.




Brit made a cake for them. It was a tasty treat. She is good at making cakes.



2 comments:

Melanie Herway said...

I LOVE Deer Valley!!! The hot chocolate, turkey chili...it's calling my name. 2 1/2 weeks here I come :)

Amy said...

Deer Valley turkey chili is the best! I hope we can all have another deer valley day together soon.