Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Spring Vacay to Portland and Mt. Hood

View of the Rose festival carnival from the freeway into town.







I went to Portland for a few days last week. Rachy and the boys are here in Utah for a few weeks so I planned it around that so I could go up and keep Andy company and also so we could shred a few days and not feel bad taking him away from the fam..



The annual "Rose Festival" kicked off while i was there so we went downtown Portland to check out the sights, and let me tell you it was a sight to see! Portland is one diverse place and they really came out for this one. I got a new camera, a Nikon D50 with a wide angle Macro lens, so I am going to let the following photos tell the whole story.
Portland has some pretty cool art downtown like this big piece. Cool.




This guy was an Elvis impersonator, he was singing and playing his guitar. Funny thing is he is probably as far from the real Elvis as you can get.













They had a ton of booths to buy trinkets and what have you, there was one in particular that this lady was selling these home made nerf type swords. These guys were going at it in the street. I'm sure they think it was money well spent as the older fellow "The master" teaches his young padawon a thing or two with the light saber (nerf sword).














Andy and I were able to hit up Mt Hood and we really couldn't have picked 2 better days to go. I love going there in the summer, spring/summer riding is always a blast, you get a good tan going and the weather is usually always great. They had a great park with 4 good sized jumps, and a half a dozen boxes and rails to get our jib on. Here are a few photos from my new camera I bought(nikon D50) during the 2 days we rode.




Andy: 50/50 on the down flat down











Ben: 5-0 on the flat bar










Ben: Method













Andy: Nose Press on Flat bar







Ben: Nose Press on Flat bar











Ben: Board slide on banked box

Ben: Bunky front side 3

Andy: Front 3 on one of the jumps

Ben: Method from afar






Drew: Probably my most fav photo I took on my trip, and he was only like 3 ft in the air.





If you ever go up there, head to the small town of Govy (Goverment Camp) which is right below Timberline ski resort where we went. There is the best Taco/Burrito shop you will find. The guy there makes the best Burrito. Unfortunately he was closed the secong day we went but So good!






Andy on the down flat down rail




1 comment:

Monica said...

Very nice pics. Looks like the new fancy camera was money well spent. The photo of you all gangstahed out on the flat bar with the clouds in the background is my favorite. Too bad you didn't get any live footage of the nerf battle...I woulda liked to see that.